Last week I was perusing Sesame Street songs (yes, every so often I embrace my inner Muppet!) and came across this little gem…
Here’s the thing – this song has an amazing meaning for you, an aspiring author. Sometimes in order to reach your publishing goal, you need to put something else down and leave it alone for a while. As the song says, you don’t have to leave it forever! Only until your goal is completed.
When I wrote the Author’s Quick Guide series in late 2013, I had a lot of other “duckies” on my to-do list. Almost all of them had to be set aside while I focused on that one enormous goal of writing and publishing a brand new Kindle book every week for 18 weeks straight. Some of these “duckies” were other projects. Some were volunteer work I was involved with. Some sacrifices were made in my personal life. And I don’t regret one second of the entire process!
By putting down my various “duckies,” I was able to focus and accomplish my huge goal. And well beyond that, I saw these immediate benefits:
- My passive e-book sales income increased – exponentially
- I put myself on the map of success in a way I never had before
- And my overall income in 2013 was more than 2011 and 2012 combined.
Why? Because I made it a point to do what it took (I put down the “duckie”) to do something extraordinary.
You can do it, too!
Simply follow these simple steps to see your book dream come true:
- Identify your “duckie.”
- Make the decision to temporarily set it aside.
- Focus on your one big, hairy, audacious goal until it’s done.
- Get help! Schedule a one-on-one laser coaching session with me today at KristenOnDemand.com and break through your blocks!
What is your duckie? What’s keeping you from accomplishing your book goals? (Share below!)